Age of Triumph Destiny is the best Destiny (Destiny)

by Saber Khai, Friday, April 07, 2017, 13:24 (2574 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I agree with you on the grind for sure. I have three characters, two at 387 and one at 382, so I can't even get into the 390 raids as yet. I thought Destiny finally started to get it right with The Taken King, and Rise of Iron solidified it as one of the best shooters I have ever played. Age of Triumph is a nice bow on the gift that is Destiny, but I don't think it added enough to the game for me. I also have some complaints about the Siva Crisis Heroic Strikes and Archon's Forge's drop rates. Pre-AoT, the drop rate for Legendary engrams was actually pretty high. Post-AoT, the drop rate is significantly lower. For example, I ran SABER II, Wretched Eye, Abomination Heist, and Shield Bros pre-AoT and would get at least four Legendaries. Archon's Forge would typically net me at least a half-dozen after six rounds or so. So far this week I've run all the strikes mentioned above plus an hour or more in Archon's Forge and netted...three Legendaries. TOTAL. That's a HUGE decrease in the drop rate, and it makes it much more difficult to get my characters to a higher light level.

That said, Bungie has done a terrific job of tweaking the game to make it more competitive in Crucible and more enjoyable in PvE environments. Given their conscious effort to improving both, I am very encouraged about Destiny 2 and I can't wait for it to release. Until that time, I will continue to ignore the other great games in my library (ME: Andromeda, Halo Wars 2, etc.) and spend all my time in Destiny!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread