Mic monitoring (Off-Topic)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, April 10, 2017, 11:41 (2544 days ago) @ narcogen

As for playing back your own vocals? Maybe there's a setting somewhere in the XB1 audio options. I don't think that's specific to any given headset.

Yup. Mic monitoring.

It is practically hidden in the latest version of the dash-- so much so that I can't seem to reliably access it.

If you start a party, bring up the new Guide, then scroll down to the settings gear, you are *supposed* to get a settings pane that shows mic enable/disable, and mic monitoring volume.

However, many times it just doesn't show up-- you only get the option for "all settings" and these headset-specific options are no longer on the page for the other audio settings.

I know we discussed this last night during the raid, i just wanted to post here so others will see it as well.

Mic monitoring is available in menu if your mic is plugged directly into the controller's 3.5mm jack. So you can't use the adapter that comes with most headsets. On the elite controller, there is 3.5mm jack to the left of the headset adapter plug. I don't know if these are on the standard controllers, or just an elite thing.

Once you are plugged directly into that jack, you can hit the guide button and go down to the little speaker icon right above the settings gear cog icon. It will have mic monitoring options there. If you have an adapter plugged in, that menu will only show BEAM streaming options.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread