I despise good equipment being locked behind Raids. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 10, 2017, 16:12 (2545 days ago) @ Harmanimus

This is so true. At pretty much every level. I have had regular raid teams over the years. I've also had pickup groups or where I got a carry because I was trying to get a third character through that was not quite high enough and my regular group wasn't available on a Monday night.

And it wasn't even necessarily hard to find the groups. My Y1 group was co-workers. My Y2/3 main group are people who a personal friend of mine LFG'd for and invited me in when one of their regulars was unavailable. I've been invited from the tower to do raids.

The only part of a raid I think you might argue as being inaccessible would be challenge modes. But given that most of those can be completed with 4-5 people it isn't like it can't be experienced.

It's definitely the best of the experience.

Adding on to what you and cheapLEY said, if raids were more accessible, they wouldn't be as good or as special. What makes raids fun and unique is the teamwork required, and they were designed explicitly as a social activity for friends to play together. The friendship component is almost a requirement, especially when you're underleveled and learning. There are tons of people who aren't used to having such a requirement, and they're put off by it, but it's like saying I don't have any bananas and don't want to get any, so banana sandwiches shouldn't be a thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread