I despise good equipment being locked behind Raids. (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, April 10, 2017, 16:26 (2566 days ago) @ Harmanimus

This is so true. At pretty much every level. I have had regular raid teams over the years.

This isn't the case for everyone. I love the Raids, but it sucks trying to schedule to play one. I don't have hours to devote to these things. I was in a group with fello DBOers, who were max light, and very experienced at raids. I joined them just for the Crota challenge. After 2 hours of not completing it, we gave up. I've still not completed the King's Fall raid. With an experience sherpa, two experienced DBOers, myself and 2 other low lights, we played for 7 straight hours, and ONLY MADE IT TO the sisters.

I get it...the toughest task should offer the highest reward. But when myself at 393 and a friend at 386 are getting destroyed in this current nightfall, we still are going to rely on an elite player pulling us through. Knowing this immediately pulls items off the table for us, so I just go back to patrols and bounties. Which is why I would like to see some long term goals. We have weekly crucible and strike bounties, why not weekly vanguard bounties? Why not monthly? Various vanguard questlines that are purely long term grinds.

You now have two ways to get the top tier gear. Short term hardcore tasks, or long term moderate tasks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread