*Waves* (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 11:52 (2532 days ago) @ ChaosSociety
edited by Speedracer513, Thursday, April 13, 2017, 14:34

I was seriously in the process of posting this topic this morning and only didn't when I accidentally opened a second tab to DBO to check something...

Soooo... since you've done the hard part, and because sometimes people don't like watching an entire video, I'll repost my totally accurate summary of the events so people can recall the the scale and scope of this event:

Last night a top flight fireteam from the website Destiny.Bungie.Org (not to be confused with Bungie.net, the official website of Bungie Inc. the company that created classic games like Marathon, Myth, Oni, and Halo) gathered on the aging Xbox 360 platform and hunted for what is known as the Bungie Bounty. In said bounty, a team needed to be randomly matched up with the designated bounty team and beat them in a round of Destiny's (Bungie's newest game) multiplayer mode known as The Crucible.

Defending the bounty (and representing the forces of The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) were Louis Wu (AKA: Claude, looooong time head honcho at Bungie.org (which should still not be confused with Bungie.net), Beorn (a webdesigner best known for DungeonGrid.com (that could be true!)), XenosKB (the fastest news gather in the north, south, east, west, and middle!), Gwath Gil (aka: Leviathan, perhaps best known for his new and ongoing indie comic Mayflower(www.mayflowercomic.com)), and Malagate (the guy not sporting a Bungie related emblem...). Also with them was DeeJ, Bungie's (.net's not .org's) esteemed community manager.

Representing the forces of The Light were: Up North 65, Speedracer513, BeardFade, ChaosSociety, iconicbanana, and the every popular, beloved, fantastic storyteller and all around great guy Ragashingo.

The battle between these two diametrically opposed forces was a tense one with the lead shifting back and forth multiple times. Fortunately, for all concerned, The Light, a team consisting entirely of Hunters as they were hunting for the Bungie Bounty, prevailed and banished The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) back to the shadows. Notable moments were where multiple members of The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) flung themselves off the play area realizing that it was the better way to go, and Beorn's especially bad aim with rockets that let at least three members of The Light live to fight on.

While things started out bleak for The Light, they eventually managed to rally in the third half of the match with their hero, Ragashingo, delivering the last kill of the game against cheating Mythoclast user Beorn with his trusty modified Tex Mechanica hand cannon "The Last Word."

It truly was the last word, at least for the forces of The Light who graciously stepped out of matchmaking giving those who sided with The Darkness (THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS!) a much needed, easy, soothing win.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread