I would feel dissapointed (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 14, 2017, 13:59 (2540 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's a sequel and we are starting over. Everything should be brand new. Everything.

It's a sequel and we have been set back. Lots of things will be brand new. The very definition of a sequel means everything won't be new.

The old hubs exist in Destiny 1 should you care to revisit them.

But they are still part of the game world, and now they have meaning behind them. If they fit and can be used, I say use them.

Don't get me wrong, I love new stuff but it's also a total waste to give a place meaning and then throw it to the curb.

Depends on how they are used. If they are used as hubs again, that is, as landing places for missions, then yes, that would be a let down. Most of us have landed in these locations a gazillion times already. On the other hand, it would be nonsensical and disappointing if those places could not be revisited, if the story demands it. Such revisits, if handled well, could add a lot to the game for legacy Destiny players.

Imagine: you find a Vex time gate that transports you back to the breach the day you died. The cars aren't rusted. The civilians are still alive and scared. You fight a battle in which you know the outcome but now you know context--what specifically you're sacrificing yourself for and why.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread