No Dark Drinker for Aksis? Vendor Warpath does more DPS... (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:52 (2537 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by CyberKN, Monday, April 17, 2017, 17:55

Some Reddit number-crunchers did the math, and found that this week's Vendor roll Warpath (FWC Rocket) does more raw DPS against Aksis (465,359 damage to Dark Drinker's 454,944), while giving you more time to use your Special Weapon after the damage. A pretty solid alternative to DD, looks like.

Sorry if the video covers this question, but does the Warpath do significantly more damage than other launchers? Even Gjallarhorn? Or does this week's vendor roll have ammo perks that boost the DPS potential?

I'm still trying to verify it, but my theory is that the extra damage is simply due to the fact that The Warpath can hold 8 rockets at a time, and fire them all with only two pauses for reloading.

I recall reading a post last year about how a RL's hidden "inventory" stat was how the game determined how many rockets to grant you upon collecting a Heavy Ammo brick in PvP, and how many rockets you could hold overall. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that stat on any of the database sites anymore, so I can't be sure if that's the root cause. Field Scout and Tripod obviously benefit the DPS numbers, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread