Adore this post. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 17:24 (2536 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 17:27

(and you can see 343 trying to keep it up with the precursors, but it's hard to ring that bell twice).

No. They killed the mystery behind everything else, so it's all they have left to wreck. And they also killed everything else. Total false equivalence trying to compare any of this to that failed studio.

Could ANY studio have continued Halo in a good way? Sometimes things just run their course.

Excellent question. If I'm honest with myself, probably not. At least probably not long term. But could whatever studio have run things better and more honestly and less broken than 343? Oh yeah, for sure. Guaranteed.

You're a smart guy, so I don't understand how the mention of 343 drives you to sound like a nincompoop. You first say I'm making a false equivalency when I express skepticism about 343's efforts to maintain mystery in Halo. My skepticism is a false equivalency to what, exactly? Then you say "whatever studio" could do a better job with Halo than 343, which is a non-falsifiable statement, which you then guarantee! SMH.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread