Adore this post. (Off-Topic)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 01:03 (2536 days ago) @ Kermit

You're a smart guy, so I don't understand how the mention of 343 drives you to sound like a nincompoop. You first say I'm making a false equivalency when I express skepticism about 343's efforts to maintain mystery in Halo. My skepticism is a false equivalency to what, exactly? Then you say "whatever studio" could do a better job with Halo than 343, which is a non-falsifiable statement, which you then guarantee! SMH.

What? Why are you making this about your skepticism? I'm making this about you bringing them up or using them as a comparison at all because it doesn't fit. The false equivalency has to do with bringing up 343 in regards to the Precursors. They alredy actually tried continuing the mystery (while at the same time doing everything in their power to destroy the mystery, go figure) with the Forerunner and whatever whack direction they were going to try to go with it, but it didn't pan out. At this point, they're on to another attempt at trying to make things work out. It doesn't jive with what you're saying because they've already tried and failed (in more ways than one, obviously).

As an aside, way to warp my words. I outright told Cody that no, another company probably couldn't. I did qualify it with the long-term statement, but my guarantee for said hypothetical studio was made in regards to how things would be run, how honest they would be, and how things wouldn't be as broken. That doesn't mean their Halo story wouldn't be total shit. That also doesn't mean that they'd do a 14-day buy and play or whatever they called the lie they made up, or that they'd sell a nearly completely unplayable multiplayer game (though campaign sorta kinda mostly worked during that time) and pretend it somehow magically never appeared in testing like that. And so on and so forth. SMH.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread