The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (the first game) free on GOG (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 00:18 (2550 days ago)

I know some folks around here got into The Witcher 3 relatively recently and figured maybe this was worth posting up.

The first Witcher game hasn't exactly aged amazingly well (and was an odd game with some problems when it first came out), but for those that really love The Witcher and have the patience to give it a shot, it can be a worthwhile experience. I won't exactly advise you to give it a shot unless you really dig The Witcher universe and have 40-50 hours to kill, but there is some fun to be had there if you're into it.

You also have to give your e-mail address to Ars Technica to get a code sent your way. But free is free, I guess.

P.S. I still recommend that anyone who enjoyed The Witcher 3 go back and give The Witcher 2 a go, as well. It's a great game in it's own right. I'd give the first Witcher a full recommendation, too, but it's just too wonky. It'd be a bit like telling someone who loved Skyrim to go play Morrowind--sure, there's obvious overlap there for someone who is really into that universe, but it just hasn't aged well and is really hard to go back to unless you really want to.

EDIT: It's only free for 48 hours, so get it while you can.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread