Fans of Bioshock--Prey Demo (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 18:49 (2554 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There is now a demo available for Prey, the soon to be released game by Arkane Studios. This is apparently the team that made the first Dishonored game, which is separate from the team that made Dishonored 2.

The demo is short (and hefty, at nearly 14 gigs), but it seems to give a good impression of what the game is. And it's definitely intriguing and leaves me wishing I had the rest of the game.

Short version: It's Dishonored in space, with a much more interesting story (or set up for a story, I guess). It seems to stick to the Dishonored formula, with a mix of stealth and action, depending on your style.

I'm now sold on a game that I previously knew basically nothing about.

The team said that System Shock is a huge inspiration for the game, and it shows.

While the original Prey 2 looked terrible, and this looks nothing like Prey, I'll gladly take this over the direction that it was originally being taken (the developer has said that it's Prey in name only, kind of like an Anthology series).

Looks like a lot of fun, and it just finished downloading, so I'll put some impressions up later...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread