Story Question - What now for the Hive? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 01, 2017, 16:13 (2550 days ago) @ yakaman

Right. Oryx's court and daughters and son (Crota) are all likely dead, though there's a small chance the Daughters and Court might come back (like Omnigul did) as we didn't really go through the long involved process of hunting down their Throne Worlds like we did for Crota and Oryx...

Oryx's sisters, Xivu Arath, who liked warfare and brute strength above anything else, and Savathûn, who was clever and deceitful above all else, both left Oryx after they all three together destroyed the Harmony and their Gift Mast. Both are still out there somewhere, though.

Savathûn in particular seemed to have major second thoughts about Oryx's strategy of winning by being the most powerful, most destructive thing there is. Her last big action was to perform experiments on the Harmony's wish granting dragons, which are likely closely related to the Hive's own worm gods. That she turned away from the philosophy that both Oryx and the worm gods talked up might mean something going forward.

Xivu Arath doesn't strike me as being nearly so bright. I think she went separate ways with Oryx more because she was tired of waging war for him only to have him be the one to strike the killing blow against whatever race they were fighting at the time.

My Rampant Speculation would be that we won't see Xivu Arath or Savathûn for a while. But, although Oryx and Crota are probably as dead as they can be, Oryx's Dreadnought, and not even Oryx himself was/is perhaps the real threat. Remember, its hull is made out of the "dead, but still very much alive" worm god Akka. And it was certainly carrying tons of baby worm gods and I seem to recall that you could scan one of those tubes and were told it contained a Hive worm... if that's right, the ship is carrying a bunch of superpowerful worm gods and is itself a "only mostly dead, which is still very much alive" giant worm god!

Oh, and heck, Oryx himself was host to a worm god that had been feasting on destruction for hundreds of thousands of years... and we just left him and it floating out there in space!

See Also: Bite-sized Backstory 25: The Harmony and the Ahamkara

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread