Crossed The Threshold With DOOM... (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 01, 2017, 21:02 (2523 days ago) @ Morpheus

At some point, DOOM went on sale, and I had some birthday money left over, so I said let's go!

You guys were right--it's without a doubt the most fun I've had in an FPS for a very long time! While I thought the story itself was all kinds of stupid("Hey, let's use the denizens of Hell to power humanity! What could possibly go wrong??"), as some people have said, who cares!? I've just become a surgeon with all these guns!

I'm very glad to hear it, for a couple reasons. First, it's nice that you feel you got something worth your money - that's always good, of course. Second, it's nice to know that the game is still fun if you didn't play the old games. That means it has more to offer than just a nostalgia trip, you know?

Speaking of....I did find out what the X button is for. And I now take any excuse I can get to SMASH IT.

HEHEHEHE. That weapon has been a standout favorite for 24 years, for good reason. Its always felt just right. In this most recent game, they managed to make its behavior fit the modern world, while not ruining it. It's actually even more useful than before.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread