Review (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 03, 2017, 20:56 (2548 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That guy includes Clustertruck and Inside on his top 10 list, and Uncharted 4 on his worst? Careful, you'll cut yourself on all the edginess.
I think it's safe to say that we don't have to worry about needing to take this guy seriously (I actually have and have played those games).

That said, I played Abzu for a while, but stopped before it put me to sleep (it's just so dang mellow). I might go back at some point, but it's nowhere near as captivating as Journey, and the controls are a bit wonky.

As for Tales from the Borderlands, it's a great game, even if you're not familiar with the Borderlands games (I'd argue that the writing is even better, too). Episodes are short, but eventful, and I love how it incorporates aspects of the Borderlands games into the story (for example, the climax of episode 1 takes place in a Boss Battle between a Vault Hunter and a classically-crazy boss, with the protagonists not actually participating in the fight, as they have their own interests. Vault Hunter boss battles are just a thing that happens in this world around them).

You have convinced me to try Horizon Zero Dawn. Right after I finish the second quest of Legend of Zelda, then dishonored.

You'll need something to play, for sure, since you won't play Destiny 2 because of its Microtransactions (much in the same way that you didn't play the new Deus Ex, despite the fact that it's one of your most praised franchises). You definitely can't go wrong with Horizon Zero Dawn (can't wait to read your review on it!).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread