Yep - and relating to original topic (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 04, 2017, 19:35 (2547 days ago) @ ManKitten

Same with me. But my issue is, the last game I have memories like that for are Halo 2. Once the online era began, with updates, patches, DLC, and online co-op, new memories have not been made. The simple joy is gone.

I feel like that's a "you" issue and not an issue with gaming today. You can ignore all that shit and just play games. It's what I try to do.

The Witcher 3 has given me that joy. I think that's part of why I like it so much--it reminds me of playing Ocarina of Time and Morrowind when I was young. I got sucked into those games as a kid, and The Witcher 3 recaptures that feeling in a way that nothing has literally since Morrowind.

Dishonored gave me that joy. Horizon did too. Hell, even Mass Effect Andromeda did.

Sure, couch co-op is harder to come by, if that's specifically what you're talking about, but modern games are filled with joy. It's hard to not be jaded (believe me, I know--just look at my last post about ABZU, or most of my posts about Destiny), but games are just as filled with joy and wonder as they always have been.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread