So Let's Talk About Video Games! (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 05, 2017, 04:05 (2546 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, May 05, 2017, 04:10

I'm a little late, I think it's Day 2 or something...but GameFAQs is hosting a tournament of opinion as to what people think is the best year in gaming history. Not the best game, or best level, or best soundtrack, character, console, none of that. The actual year itself, which I personally never thought of in terms of gaming.

You might think, "Oh that's easy, it's this one!" But I guarantee you, when those interactive poll buttons scroll through the examples of that certain year, each one will make you say "Oh, man...I forgot about that one!!"

Right now it's 2001(Halo 1, FFX) vs. 2014(Destiny, Smash 4) and 2008(Fallout 3, SSBB) vs. 2009(Minecraft, Arkham Asylum)

Go vote(if you can actually bring yourself to choose), then let's talk about it here!

Which do you think is the best year in gaming?

Well, 2001 was pretty amazing. You had:

Pro Skater 3
Grand theft Auto 3
Max Payne
Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction
Ico
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Jak and Daxter
Civ 3
Halo
Gran Turismo 3
Devil May Cry
Oni

Every one a masterpiece. So yeah. That's pretty hard to beat. Deus Ex came out the year before, and it's like, the best game ever. But 2001 had a bunch of games that came pretty close. The other years kind of look like crap in comparison.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread