I HAVE A POWERFUL NEED (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 17:36 (2541 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286
edited by Korny, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 17:41

Except it is easy. Just complete the challenge mode of any weekly raid for guaranteed ornaments.

Unless you don't have a character near a decent light level (my titan is 374 and the highest)

Except it's been pretty well established that a person at 370+ Light shouldn't have much trouble doing a Challenge mode raid. To remain at low Light these days, you have to pretty much be going out of your way to avoid increasing your Light Level. Even doing Iron Banner this week will bring your Light Level up comically fast (Fast Mayhem matches, easy IB bounties, 3oC, higher loot drop rate as you level up... Just make sure that you do the Nightfall, which helps buff IB gains).

and you don't have a solid group to play with, and you never really got into raiding in the first place because it was too much of a hassle and no one had the time, and you still don't have the time because LIFEWTF and you're surely not going to ask five other people to carry you around just so you can get a stupid helmet.

Not sure what kind of people you're hanging around over there, but there is a Fireteam Builder here at this very site that you can use in accordance with your schedule.
Heck, a couple of weeks ago, Bonkle let us know that he needed a complete run of the Machine Wrath Raid the same night that a Weekly Raid completion was scheduled. Not only did we get him in on the Hard mode completion, but we immediately ran the whole raid again for him. You'd be amazed at how far you can get when you simply ask people. I hear the Xbox folks carry squeakers, randoms, and even Funkmon all the time!

Even if I do want the hell out of it.

You're the only thing holding you back. We all have real lives.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread