Well.....The RIGHT People. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 02:49 (2541 days ago) @ Korny

That is, only if you're doing what everyone else wants to do.

And post it several weeks in advance...no weekdays...can't be on the same day as someone else's event, much less the same time...nothing past 7pm...

Maybe don't use the Fireteam Builder.

Best thing you can do is send friend requests to the most active DBOers, then asking(or begging) for their help the minute you're ready. They'll be MUCH more amenable in the now.

There are plenty of examples in my case, but last night was a really good shining inspiration.

A couple of days ago, I had posted an Iron Banner FTB, and (yep) only two people signed up. They both arrived thankfully, but couldn't stay long. I look at my friends list and see four people on IB. I sent them each a message, and less than 10 minutes later...

(well, I would show you a link or picture, but apparently according to B.net, I've never played a single game of Iron Banner in my entire three year career of Destiny's history, despite being Rank 5. *Morpheus414 facepalms*)

There you go. A full fireteam of 6--and we all had a good time, helped each other out and grew closer as a community!

My point is, that box is just the internet version of a string around the finger. Just get on whenever you feel like, and ask anyone of your friends online! At least there, you'll get a response, even if it's a no.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread