Des2ny Reveal Anticipation Thread (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:25 (2531 days ago) @ ManKitten

So I'm pretty excited about the reveal on Thursday and I'm curious to hear what everyone else is looking/hoping for.

Eye Candy.
Since it is being developed for only current gen consoles, I'm hoping for a visual graphic update. I don't know how games are built, if they are built at max res and knocked down for weaker consoles, or built for the weak and boosted up, or a mixture in between. There are some beautiful games out right now (Mass Effect Andromeda, Horizon Zero Dawn) and it would be awesome to see the Destiny universe like this. Understanding, Bungie artistic style has always been on the more illustration side of realism but like every console, developers learn how to squeeze every bit out of them for max potential. The leap from Halo 1 to Halo 2 was huge! Halo 3 to Reach was pretty big too.

I don't yet have a 4K TV (I'm hoping to get one and play Horizon: Zero Dawn before Destiny 2 drops), so maybe I'm not seeing the flaws of current Destiny graphics as clearly (and I'm certainly not seeing everything as well as those of you with younger eyes). We're definitely getting closer to the limit of my ability to see finer details. I just want to say that I'm still gobsmacked by the attention to detail in Destiny 1, old as it is. This isn't strictly visual, but just yesterday I had landed in the Tower and I noticed (again) how you could see the dust blowing around, and the leaves of the ferns waving in the breeze. So cool.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread