It's somewhere between the two. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:07 (2532 days ago) @ bluerunner

It sounded like they choose who to bring in. So, unless people are lying about experience that should get worked out before they were brought in.

I would think that you could just inspect the player and see if they had completed it before you invited them. See if they had raid equipment/emblems/shaders.

If they're going to let you boot people that Guided Games brings in because they haven't completed the activity, then this won't help them increase the percentage of players who experience endgame content.

I wonder how this is going to work unless there's a way to select a preferred role in addition to just a clan. Even if Bungie makes a dedicated "raid noob" clan for people looking to participate in a raid who don't have their own fireteams, unless people who CAN play the content opt in to playing with the raid noob clan, either by joining it or specifying "I volunteer for sherpa" in some manner, it's hard to see how this works.

I wonder if all clans will now work the way factions did (I note there does not seem to be any mention of the old factions) and if so how that meshes with player-created clans.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread