I set the bar low and it was exceeded. (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 19, 2017, 01:48 (2533 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I couldn't quite see the point of losing your light then getting it back. They didn't show lightless game play. Only guardians with special powers just like always. So you have no light for what, an hour, then back to the same old thing?

I wouldn't read too much weight into that. It's just a way to rationalize why our characters all start with their skill trees not filled out. The REAL reason is that that's just how skill progression in RPGs works, but they come up with story-based reasons like this because otherwise it would be weird that our guardians just suddenly had no powers. No one's actually expecting a long skill-less slog at the beginning so that we "feel the harsh reality of war" or whatever. That would ruin Destiny anyway.

Also, they don't need to "show" lightless gameplay. They're "showing" some new abilities. If you want to see what it's like without those, just skip those parts of the video. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread