Special ammo restrictions for all. (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:03 (2531 days ago) @ narcogen

If "kinetic" means no elemental damage ever, which is what it means in D1, and if the "kinetic" and "energy" slots work in D2 the way the primary and secondary slots work now, it means the end of potentially infinite ammo elemental weapons.

Right, this is the sticking point, I don't see any evidence that the kinetic and energy slots work in D2 the way the primary and secondary slots do in Destiny 1, like I said, I've watched more than an hour of gameplay videos and I've never seen a single player ever get close to running out of ammo on kinetic or elemental weapons. I think the two slots are not meant to be incredibly different on power or ammo rareness, I think they are just supposed to serve different purposes in your loadout (hence the talk about more options with this setup). I could be wrong of course, but in the build they are showing right now ammo is plentiful for everything except the power weapon slot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread