Clans, elemental / exotic weapons (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, May 19, 2017, 02:24 (2533 days ago) @ Xenos

How is Guided Game / new clan support intended to work?

Will there be curated clans made by Bungie, similar to D1 factions, that are geared towards certain priorities or playstyles? (hardcore, casual, raid noobs, etc)? If so, will those exist alongside player-created clans?

How will the shared focus of new clans help more players experience endgame? If I'm a raid noob with no friends and I want to raid, I'll join the "raid noob" clan. Also full of raid noobs. Is the game just going to throw those players together, LFG-style, or is it going to match actual role needs-- group of 5 noobs seeking one sherpa? Is the system just going to matchmake players in the same clan with incomplete fireteams, or will it be matching 1-2 players from a "raid sherpa" clan with 4-5 players from a "raid noob" clan?

If the new weapon slots are kinetic/energy/power, and the purple bricks I see in footage are power ammo, do secondary (or "energy") and kinetic ammo drops/synths exist? I'm going over strike footage and it does appear that energy ammo drops exist.

So if Kinetic is the kind of damage a weapon does when it is not doing elemental, and the new "primary" slot is the "kinetic" slot, does this mean the end of infinite-ammo elemental primaries?

In other words, you can still have elemental scouts, auto rifles, pulse rifles, etc, but they wouldn't be in your "kinetic" slot and therefore require "special" or even "power" ammo, depending on the slot.

This makes sense if getting players to repeat content depends on modifiers like burns; but burns often make content easier once you've got a full set of elemental weapons. (Supercell, Mythoclast, etc).

I notice the exotic auto in the strike footage is equipped in the "kinetic" slot. This would make it unusual for D1 exotics-- more like the oddball exotics like No Land Beyond and Universal Remote, which were interesting not because of elemental damage but because they were a "special" weapon type (sniper, shotgun) for equipping in a "primary" slot.

Is this the new model for exotics?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread