Wiping away the past part 2 (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 19, 2017, 19:04 (2527 days ago)

A while ago, I posted that I was troubled that Bungie was effectively rewriting history by removing Peter Dinklage and other things, with no way to preserve them.

Now they are going further. They are rewriting the actual history.

http://mashable.com/2017/05/17/the-day-destiny-was-born/#5.jZJR5hTaqQ

This article is ostensibly about how Destiny was born, and Jonty is quoted extensively. But read the whole thing.

I've talked to a bunch of people for this book, so I know that certain people were critical in Deatiny's birth. But they aren't mentioned. Joe Staten for example. There's even a GDC presentation where Joe and Chris go over how Destiny started to take shape.

Huh. Think about how some big players left Bungie. Think of the coincidence of them not being mentioned.

Bungie is now rewriting history outside of their games. I don't think I've ever seen them downplay contributions like this. Even when reginald dujour was fired they still mentioned him and his contributions in the scrapbook.

I hope the partnership with Activision does not lead to alternative facts about Bungie's history.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread