That opening Zavala video... (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 00:23 (2533 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

...gave me more buy-in to protecting the city than anything in Destiny 1. There were some pretty good moments in the DLC, but I never felt connected to the world. Seeing just the tiniest bit of his backstory gave me a reason to join the fight- something I felt like I needed to conjure on my own previously.

D1, while beautiful, was fairly lifeless and I'm also really glad to see NPCs we can fight alongside now. I think that will give more life to the storytelling than the radio chatter did. It sounded like we would encounter NCPs on patrol as well. I cannot tell you how much I think that will change the feeling of that mode.

I'm hoping that D2 has more hooks like this. Overall I'm pretty optimistic now.Good show Bungie.

You are completely right. There's more characterization and drama in that FMV than in all of D1's original launch, imo.

It also made him feel somewhat tragic. Seeing the revives like that was waaaay more powerful than the "all's well" type of revive in the actual game.

By the way, I laughed at how they kept bragging that D2 had more cinematics than any previous "destiny" release. So that's... 5? I mean, way to set a low bar, guys. What they did show us looked friggin awesome though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread