I'm a hypocrite. (Also some links, podcasts, videos) (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 19:50 (2503 days ago)

I said over and over again if Destiny 2 is just more Destiny as we know it, I might not bother.

Yeah, I guess I lied. I thought it was true when I said it, but after what we've seen so far, Destiny 2 could be just more Destiny as we know it, and I'm totally in.

Now it's just a race between the electric company installing fiber in my area so I can have internet at home and Bungie shipping the game. They said they'd be doing hookups by late summer, so here's to hoping that schedule holds!

And to make this thread worth a shit, here are some good links:

Kotaku's Jason Schreirer and Kirk Hamilton talk about the reveal on their podcast, Kotaku Splitscreen.

I thought this was interesting:

Jason: So the European Dead Zone I’d heard was one of the first things they built for Destiny 1, and then they wound up cutting it at some point when they were changing scope, because Destiny 1 changed scope many many times. And they eventually moved it to D2. So the way it was described to me is, it’s this big complicated map and it’s got caves and dungeons and you can explore it in depth. Someone said to me a couple years ago, ‘I can’t believe they still haven’t shipped it—it’s friggin’ awesome.’

Waypoint's Austin Walker and Rob Zacny provide their thoughts on Waypoint Radio. I like these guys in general, and I liked this discussion. They hit all the bases you'd expect, but they spend a lot of time talking about story and characterization, and Austin poses a neat theory about what Cayde-6 is doing during the attack.

(Both links above lead to webpages, not directly to podcasts)

IGN interviews Mark Noseworthy and Luke Smith on Fireteam Chat:

Actually a pretty good interview, given the circumstances.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread