TL;DR (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 15:17 (2503 days ago) @ General Battuta

My take on it is the universe of Destiny was developed in some significant part by Staten. As to whether he had anything to do with the Grimoire, we have this article from August 2015 that interviewed some of writers who helped develop Destiny's story and Grimoire:

Robert Reed: In my case, I was called by Eric at the beginning, but he still worked at Tor. He was a facilitator in a process mostly invisible to me. It was Joseph Staten who took me out for dancing and drinks, which means that he came to Lincoln to give me the pitch. Joseph was the face of my Bungie during that first year, and then Eric arrived.

I wrote a few of the grimoire cards, and I’ve collected a portion of those by honest means. Playing the game. Which is rather like finding your work in a library or bookstore. Except it’s not under your name, or anybody’s name. And there’s nobody standing in the aisle, letting you wave your words under their nose.

The Grimoire writers wrote the Grimoire. It's not some kind of fix-up. It was original work by awesome men and women.

Who wrote the Grimoire?

Top Men & Women.

Yea - but who?

Top. Men & Women.

OH! Why didn't you say so! kthxbi ಠ_ಠ

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread