HITMAN (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 17:33 (2503 days ago) @ CyberKN

I absolutely agree with everything you said. Hitman 2016 was amazing and my go-to example of episodic done right.

However . . .

Now, this obviously could have failed horribly

It failed horribly in that apparently no one bought it and Square Enix dropped Io Interactive and now the fate of both Io and Hitman are up in the air.

They did it right and people (in the general, overall sense) still didn't care, apparently.

I'm honestly not sure what Destiny could take from Hitman anyway. The Elusive Targets were a huge incentive for knowing a level intimately, being familiar with it's schedules and routines. It was the perfect motivator (along with the random targets you could pick) for replaying a level over and over and being genuinely occupied until the next map dropped.

Destiny just doesn't work like that. I'm sure there's lessons Bungie could learn from the way Io put out Hitman, I'm just not smart enough to know what they are. The games are just too different, I think. Destiny wouldn't work with them just dropping a new planet every other month, I don't think.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread