Vehicles? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 20:13 (2503 days ago)

The Sparrow is okay for what it is. It honestly seems like an afterthought and is just a way to get around quickly once they realized how disjointed their patrol spaces are and how not fun it would be to actually walk from area to area.

The Cabal thing is just a worse version of the Brute Chopper (something I thought impossible). The Fallen Pike is a worse Ghost, but it's still at least mildly fun for short segments.

We got a brief glance at the new tank, and that's awesome. Hopefully it's as good as the Scorpion. I still find it really hard to believe that the team that created the best video game vehicle ever (That's the Warthog you mooks!) dropped the ball so hard with vehicles in Destiny.

Will Destiny 2 rectify that? Will we get more cool vehicles? Is there even a chance we see space combat? We saw the Cabal's giant fleet--I would love to see a Long Night of Solace style mission at some point in the game, but I'm not sure how you implement that in Destiny with its focus on repeatable activities that can be spread across the entire game. I suppose it could just be a one off story mission that you just select from the Director if you want to do space combat again, but that seems weird.

I think maybe Destiny just isn't the type of game where they want to focus on vehicles as much as they did with Halo, but that still disappoints me. I think it was one of the things that really set Halo apart from every other FPS game, and it's definitely something I miss and wish was in Destiny.

As with many things, it's not a deal-breaker, but it sure is something I want.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread