HITMAN (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 20:19 (2528 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can watch house of cards all at once, or you can choose to watch one per week. If it were episodic, you'd have no choice in the matter. Just take your time and play a hit man level over and over.

I see your argument, and I even agree with it to a degree, but the fact is that just isn't human nature. We all know that if presented with Hitman as it is now, most people would just play it as a complete experience--they'd finish a level and move on immediately to the next. By releasing new maps episodically, they almost forced players to engage on a deeper level and replay maps, learn them intimately, get excited about Elusive Targets, be a part of the ongoing conversation about that game. I loved playing along and watching the guys at Giant Bomb play the new maps every other month, or watch them try to take out the new Elusive Target. That experience is gone now. Sure, all the content is still there, but it is actually impossible to experience it in the same way, and in the way that I think is better by a huge margin for that particular game.

The worse case scenario is that you had to wait for the full game. You can have the game the way you want right now. Just go buy it. It's an inferior experience, I think, but it's there. It's literally a win-win. I got a game that kept me engaged over 6-8 months or however long it was, and the folks that just want a full game got that too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread