Raid Grind (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 23:15 (2523 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Whenever a new expansion launched for Destiny, there is a mad scramble by some of you lunatics to rush-rush-rush to level up and do the Raid or whatever the end thing is. Frankly, I think that's boring and short sighted. You don't savor the content. Then you feel empty. If you have the time to do that, and you want to, more power to you. Most of us don't have that time. I am that 50% that didn't do the Raids. I only ever finished VoG and Crota.

I absolutely get your point.

But if you're the kind of person who DOES want to do the raids-- and preferably at least wants any kind of shot at being part of solving one, instead of just following instructions-- that mad scramble is the best way of getting yourself in a raid, at minimum light level, with a change to be in a party working on trying to solve a raid AND having a chance to succeed.

Wait too long? Everybody already knows everything, and your only contribution is doing what the most experienced party member says. Not saying that can't be fun too, because it is, but it's a different kind of fun.

Don't grind hard enough? Well, you'll be in the raid, and nobody will know any more than you do, but you'll be so concerned with trying to stay alive that solving the puzzles becomes moot.

At any rate, I absolutely would like a slow drip of content like a story mission every once in awhile. (Once per week almost guarantees something subpar, though.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread