Destiny 2 : Whats next? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, May 22, 2017, 14:22 (2523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Alright - so May 18th came and went. We got to see cut-scenes, a strike, and some multiplayer action.

What's next? Or ya'll think that is it intill September?

Xenos They said in some interviews they'll have more stuff to reveal at E3, but said that it won't be nearly as big as this event. I imagine the next "big" reveal we'll get will be the beta itself when we can really dig in and see what the game is going to be like.

Well, a game play reveal is usually a big thing, so that really isn't saying much to me right now. I hope what ever it is they have to show is more NEW! then Expansion Pack!, which admittedly is a bit... either jaded or somber of an out look - but that's the vibe I'm rolling with right now.

I like what I have seen for the most part, well except for the animation for the warlocks new third power. The drop beacon animation? Really Bungie!? I hope that's temp animation. I'm a Space badass commanding the travelers light to come forth from the earth (or whatever it is in lore), not johnny appleseed. /wildtangent

narcogen Next is the beta, right? But I expect that will be either what we've already seen, or a variation on what the Destiny 1 beta was (which might have been... too much.)

SO. E3 then beta - then release? Does that seem odd to anyone else? That can't be right. For a HUGE so called AAA game, that seems - rather mellow.

I'd wager that the month leading up to release (hell, maybe also the month leading up to beta) will be full of weekly exclusive interviews in gaming publications, and probably an ARG as well. There may be some surprise appearances on podcasts or web shows, and there will almost certainly be a pvp preview featuring popular streamers getting their first hands-on with some new game mode or something (likely the 'new' Trials variant).

This game is going to get the full-court press.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread