"We want to unhide the fun of destiny..." (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 18:24 (2529 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 18:29

You're just beyond saving at this point :-P

I know... if only I liked bad dialogue ;p

Hey now...

Saying that Cayde isn't really tickling your fancy is one thing; but to say it's "bad" dialogue just means you're objectively wrong and should feel bad!

Lol... Hey I'm perfectly fine with bad dialogue. I love Star Wars! If I say I think the dialogue in Destiny is bad, I don't mean it as some harsh, crushing blow against he game. I just believe in calling a spade "a spade", you know? :)

I do feel like Bungie's marketing can come across as lacking in self-awareness. And they get called out on it by lots of people, not just me. On the latest episode of Waypoint Radio, Austin made a great point about how rediculous sone of Bungie's talking points sound to anyone not under a fanboy-level spell. "So... you're trying to get us excited about the fact that Destiny 2 has side quests now? Almost every game has side quests, and they usually suck".

I'm perfectly fine with a cheesy sci-fi world with cliche characters and a dumb plot. But when that gets sold to me as a grand epic with characters that I'll really care about and a story that will really pull me in, that's when I need to raise my hand and say "uh... guys?". And who knows how Destiny 2 will turn out when it comes to that stuff. I'm sure I'll have a blast with it either way. I'm just saying how I feel about what's been shown so far :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread