HITMAN (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 22:00 (2501 days ago) @ Harmanimus

One way or another, it is all about the mindset you bring into your content consumption. Regardless of what philosophy a developer uses, if you are planning to binge content you will be prepared to crash course theough it and will experience it more as a rush. It's the thriller variety of horror films. Monsters and danger the whole time. Gore and chases and scares.

But if you go in wanting to consume it in pieces with lulls and time to build between experiences, then regardless of he content being identical the experience will be different. This is how I consider more paychological horror films. That crawling feeling in your skin considering the details of what you are experiencing.

Horror is one of my favourite genres of anything. And with horror more than any other genre what you bring into it is very important. Sometimes you have to plan to get spooked. To get unsettled. Regardless of the content you are consuming you frame it. I watched Insidious in a 120 seat auditorium. Alone. I doubt I would have as fond of memories had I watched it in my living room with the lights with the rest of my home buzzing. So, even if the developers intended an experience as a single sitting, your approach regarding your consumption will change the nuance you get.

I guess that is the long winded way of trying to express that people are active participants with media as a whole and that will impact their experience regardless of a creators intent.

One of the chief benefits of Hitman's episodic format that nobody (including me) has touched on yet, is the fact that Io was able to gather and utilize feedback from earlier episodes to improve later ones. Sure, most of the work was done well ahead of release, but they did still leave themselves with some polish time to make changes over the course of the season. This really isn't something that is done with episodic television shows, as they're all filmed and edited well ahead of the season premiere.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread