Don't use Callnote! (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 22:36 (2521 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sound quality is terrible. I was too lazy to setup multi-channel Soundflower/Logic, so I just used a free trial of Callnote. Surprise, it sucks!

I'm going to set up a DBO Mumble room and configure Soundflower/Garageband so we can get something semi-professional sounding, in case we are Beornless again.

I've got a Mumble server you can use if you want.

Since SoundFlower isn't really supported anymore, I'd suggest LoopBack. Pricy, but worth it.

Soundflower works fine in Sierra if you get the newer signed version. Pair it with Audacity. Both are free, and it's really easy.

Are you actually using that?

I'm still on El Cap and stopped using Soundflower awhile ago, but I see loads of reports of people who have trouble with that version of SoundFlower on Sierra.

That version is the only one you can install, because it's signed, but I thought I read that a recent update to Sierra had borked it. It hasn't been updated in at least a year.

That said, when it worked for me, it was mostly fine, and if your threshold for software is zero dollars, then it is worth trying to get it to work.

For me the combination of LoopBack and SoundSource has been both really reliable and easier to use than SoundFlower.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread