The one thing that I didn't like about Amanda... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 00:04 (2522 days ago) @ Revenant1988

She refers to us as "that Guardian that you never shut up about". But she knows us. She's bet money on us, and we've helped her win a contest with the Chaperone (helping cement her mother's legacy). Why would she act like she only knows us through Zavala, if we have a personal relationship with her? Anyway, that bugged me quite a bit.

Anyway, good points in that video, keep it up!

Well, that only applies if you did the quest for her. Some people, uh, may not have.

.>

<.<

I mean, there's still all of those offscreen Noodle (Ramen?) adventures that we go on. Surely we'd have gotten to know her better over the year(s). It's not like our Guardian sits in his ship in orbit when we're not playing... I mean, unless you're one of those Exos...

I could imagine they'd all have their own nicknames for us. She could have referred to us as "our friend" or "The Leadfoot" or something a little more personal. Sure she meets countless Guardians, but she knew exactly which Guardian we were when Zavala gave her the order, so she has to know us in some way or another (I mean, one of the very first things that you do in the game is get your ship serviced by her).

In D1, Shaxx calls you "Hive Bane" if you've completed TTK. Someone else calls you "Slayer of Oryx". We sure aren't "becoming legend" if the people that we regularly interact with start acknowledging us through hearsay...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread