Something Impossible Happened--I Had FUN. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 17:38 (2527 days ago)

So, that Iron Banner Mayhem...I went into that event with an air of...light trepidation...but I was genuinely surprised to find that I actually had a generally good time! Maybe it was because most people weren't focused on using 1-shot kill weapons; maybe it was because of how quickly I was completing my quests; or maybe it was the ludicrously fast speed of ranking up(My Titan seriously completed Rank 5 on Wednesday--that NEVER happened before, EVER) but I actually had a blast. Games were a lot shorter, things were(obviously) a lot more chaotic, and there actually weren't that many Titans! In fact, Gunslingers took the spot of most popular. Of course, there were JIP's but for the first time in Destiny's history, most of them were actually...fair! Sometimes, it would be close, sometimes it was a decent enough lead to stay in the fight--but for the first time ever, it wasn't a join of 10000 to 50 with a quarter of a nanosecond left in a 6v1 game!

Something else impossible happened, too. Something I wasn't even going for until it appeared unexpectedly. Something I knew I had never gotten before, and I know will never happen again.

I got a Phantom.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Morpheus414/video/31622866

A Phantom. In Mayhem, no less. In Iron Banner Mayhem! I honestly couldn't believe it. Of course, I got killed instantly after, but the surprise was definitely real! But it was absolutely worth a save on my hard drive, because I knew that was a special moment, and it was something to keep. I was feeling pretty damn lucky, knowing that would be the only time that would ever happen...

Then I got it again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread