Destiny 2 Impressions from around. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 18:50 (2525 days ago)

First up is Rob Zacny's take over at Waypoint.

As with some others, he wishes it looked like more than just more Destiny. He also questions the weapon slot changes:

The problem is that, as I was playing Destiny 2, I felt like Bungie had also put all the meaningful weapon variety into a single category. It's weird to hear Bakken using the language of player empowerment—"It's also about the freedom to build the type of guardian you want"—when the effect of that decision feels so crushingly limiting.

I can see his point. It's too early to tell, but I understand his concern.

Next up is Giant Bomb's coverage in the form of a video. Jeff Gerstmann went to the event and recorded footage of a Crucible match and the Strike. I obviously love Giant Bomb, so it means more to me than many, but it's nice to see Brad and Jeff together here. Jeff was the downer on vanilla Destiny, and Brad was straight addicted to it, so it's interesting to see their impressions here (for me, anyway--it's probably less interesting to non-GB fans, although still a good look at what Bungie showed).

For a little context, here's Jeff's entertaining rant about vanilla Destiny. He seems pretty positive on Destiny 2, which is encouraging.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread