Somewhat annoying thing to listen to/watch... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 20:14 (2521 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Next up is Giant Bomb's coverage in the form of a video. Jeff Gerstmann went to the event and recorded footage of a Crucible match and the Strike. I obviously love Giant Bomb, so it means more to me than many, but it's nice to see Brad and Jeff together here. Jeff was the downer on vanilla Destiny, and Brad was straight addicted to it, so it's interesting to see their impressions here (for me, anyway--it's probably less interesting to non-GB fans, although still a good look at what Bungie showed).

Kind of odd that the guy who knows very little about Destiny is the one who played it, while the guy who was "straight addicted to it" knows... very little (Heck the "They're making another Destiny." "What? Wooooow." opening is REALLY dumb. I couldn't tell if they were being sarcastic or really painfully ignorant about the world of gaming in the weeks before that video, and I'm inclined to believe it's the latter). And it only gets worse:

"The Solar Super for the Warlock in the first game was the resurrection, like that was just the straight-up come back from the dead."
"Is it the same name as the Subclass in the first game? I don't know, you would know better than me." "I can't, I forget what it's called."

Ah yes, the addict for the past three years can't remember a Subclass name.

It's... Kind of way too many things that they say where they clearly don't know what they're talking about. Plus, they do a lot of talking for the sake of talking. Like, they spend twenty seconds on the Warlock jump, and whether or not it's part of the Super, despite the fact that it obviously is (with near Bromnigul levels of shock).

It's also pretty obvious that they don't prepare for these videos. I'd have a list of notes from the event, writing down everything from the new subclass names, to notable differences from the first game (they ask some questions that were clearly addressed during the reveal, but Jeff just says "No they didn't talk about that"). Then again, they sent the guy who's most ignorant about the game to the event, so clearly planning isn't their strong suit.

Thankfully the Strike wasn't as annoying, but by then they'd expended most of the dumbness...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread