Somewhat annoying thing to listen to/watch... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 21:09 (2525 days ago) @ Korny
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 21:14

Everything you complained about is basically the point of Giant Bomb, and especially the point of these types of videos. They don't prepare for them--they're intended to be a look at the game without necessarily knowing about everything before hand. How would a new consumer see this game? That's sort of the point. It's way more casual than perhaps is suitable for the folks around here.

I quite liked a lot of the things you hated. Brad's reaction to the orbit screen mimicked mine almost exactly. I spent months talking about how if Destiny 2 is just more Destiny, I might not bother. Literally all it took was seeing more, new Destiny and I was sold, in exactly the same way Brad was.

I can't and won't tell you what to like, but you're looking at this way too cynically. It's supposed to be fun--these guys aren't Destiny streamers that play full time. Brad has about 300 hours according to Time Wasted on Destiny. That's pretty insignificant compared to most of us, but that's still a whole lot of time played. Of course he doesn't remember what a subclass in Destiny is called--he literally covers video games for a living. He's probably played a thousand other games since the last time he touched Destiny.

Anyway, I'm starting to argue too passionately about something that doesn't matter now so I'll call it quits. But lighten up, man.

EDIT: Just one more thing . . .

Then again, they sent the guy who's most ignorant about the game to the event, so clearly planning isn't their strong suit.

Jeff was already there for E3 judges week, so he also went to the Destiny event. Don't be thick.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread