Why do people love Vanquish so much? (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 27, 2017, 03:37 (2520 days ago) @ Korny

Aren't you the one who says that a game should be inherently fun on its own, without requiring people to play it a certain way to be fun?

You can play any game in ways so as to make it not fun. So to answer your question: NO.

That's literally the opposite of what I asked.

Comprehension.

If there exists ways to play every game that kills the fun, then every game is required to be played a certain way so as to be fun. So I would never argue what you just said.

Then people say Vanquish is boring. Even the guy on the video admits that the game is a Japanese take on more successful Western franchises "but IF YOU PLAY THE GAME DIFFERENTLY, it's more than that". Well, he just acknowledged that you have to go out of your way to make it fun.

Halo is boring if you just press A over and over again and don't explore anything else you can do. Every game requires you to engage in a sense of curiosity in the game systems.

People who say Vanquish is boring are playing it on a difficulty level too easy for them. Gears of War is ruined this way too if you play on easy. It becomes a cover based shooter where you don't have to use cover. Game ruined.

Pretty much every game ever made is more fun when you go out of your way to learn the systems, and play on an appropriate difficulty for your skill. Why that is a knock against Vanquish I will never know. Remember when we used to commend depth in games?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread