Why do people love Vanquish so much? (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 27, 2017, 16:53 (2519 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Saturday, May 27, 2017, 16:59

Vanquish is crap (and the painfully generic aesthetics are crap too, which by your logic makes it a bad game)

That's rich coming from the guy that champions Warframe. :P (I'm sure Warframe is fine, but unholy shit, it's ugly)

Heh, I like that Warframe has a very distinct look. It's like Guyver for the most part (maybe I'm just old). Still, I find it funny that Cody champions a game with an extremely generic style and muddy graphics, despite saying that aesthetics are important to a game being "good".

By his own logic, Vanquish should be considered a bad game simply based on its graphics.

Maybe it CAN be fun "if you master the mechanics", but if the game doesn't compel you to use them , then that's the game being bad at implementing them.

More than that, you can't litter a game with waist high walls and a cover system and then tell people they're playing wrong when they use them. The game's two big mechanics are complete opposites of each other. You can't invalidate the experiences of a huge swath of the players because they used one system instead of the other.

Exactly. The game doesn't give you incentive to use the optional mechanics, so the fact that people use the ample cover means that they're playing the game as it's being presented.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread