What should I know about Destiny right now? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 29, 2017, 05:20 (2521 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Destiny 2 hype broke me. I caved and bought Rise of Iron over the long weekend. I've played a bit. Did the "story" and the first strike and spent some time in the Plaguelands. I have a bunch of keys and weird things that I'm assuming work like the stuff on the Dreadnaught--I just haven't found where they go.

Saw you on, didn't want to interrupt (it is pretty late).

Those keys aren't really important. You do unlock some hidden doors here and there, but they seem to be more for fun Axes and some resources, nothing too crazy.

I still don't have internet at home, but I'm planning on playing on Saturday nights for the foreseeable future by packing my PS4 to my family's house. There's no way I'll complete a record book, but I would like to get a group together to lead me through Wrath of the Machine when I hit the appropriate level.

Sounds fun. I'd love to help.

Anything notable I should know? I'm just planning on taking it easy, doing the quests I still have, doing the strikes, and just fucking around for as long as it takes to get raid worthy.

Thanks to Age of Triumph, pretty much anything that you do helps you level up and get gear, you'll likely hit 400 before your Subclasses get filled out. Doing strikes drops Blue gear that is always equal to, or above your light, same for Crucible and Faction rewards. The same is true for all of the raids. If you're still there tomorrow, we can try to get a group together to run through some of the raids to get you loot...

P.S. Damn, I miss my Xbox gear. I have a single Titan on PS4 that does not even have a fully leveled subclass. I have garbage Legendaries and the only exotic I have is the sword you get in Rise of Iron. I feel crippled compared to my 3 maxed out Xbox characters.

Were you able to get some 3oC?
Maybe it's a different strokes thing, but I felt the opposite back when I started over on Xbox. Rather than crippled, I felt pretty liberated.

I was considering using the Spark of Light to get a Warlock going, but it basically feels like a waste of time at this point. Anyone know what story content I'd have to play on a brand new character to open up all the options?

I think you'd just have to run the first few TTK missions to unlock the Dreadnaught, and the first two Rise of Iron missions to open the Iron Temple.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread