What a joke on XB1 owners. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 00:09 (2497 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 00:17

I didn't listen to that podcast. I've already accepted that XB1/XB1X interoperability is limited by the XB1 as far as framerate goes. PS family have the same problem.

That's not the reason Xenos talked about. If I recall, he posited that the Xbox One X, like the PS4 Pro, has the CPU limitations that prohibit Destiny from running 4K at 60 fps.

Why is no one asking about 1080p60?

Because it wouldn't make a difference.

Try it yourself on a PC: run a game at a super low resolution and note the framerate. Now move up to the next highest but still low resolution.

Huh. The framerate stays the same. How can that be when the game is rendering more? It's because at that point it's CPU bound. The CPU has to generate display lists to send to the GPU, calculate AI, physics, input, IO, and shit like that. It will hit a point where you can add as much GPU power as you want, but it won't be able to feed the GPU any faster.

Bungie has said Des2ny is CPU bound on consoles, which means no 60fps, even at 144p.

That being said, I think the fact that the crucible can't run at 60fps is bullshit, since all the complexity of the co-op component is gone, and games like Overwatch manage just fine on a regular PS4.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread