Love the new worlds. (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, September 09, 2017, 21:38 (2448 days ago)

So far I've only completed the first three story worlds, but I'm just amazed at how much better they are than D1. Titan is absolutely gorgeous. It has this wonderful contrast from the dark monotone Hive infection, to the bright Golden Age arboretum. The colors are vibrant, the sounds are immersive. It feels as if it were once inhabited. It carries a mystique and pulls at my curiosity. I find myself in a "Haloish" mindset of wanting to take my time and observe the surroundings, search for clues, find the hidden relics. I never felt that way in D1 for some reason.

The music is really top notch as well. It stirs the emotions needed to really get that feel of the game. I can feel myself getting nervous, or tense as the music quickens. I just let my Titan sit in a random room after a Hive based adventure on Titan and soak up the sounds of crickets and dark moody music for about 5 minutes before bedtime tonight.

Now if I can just keep the filthy casual pace to the game, I think I'll get a lot of enjoyment over the next few years without burning myself out too quickly. But I really wanna sink my teeth into this beast!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread