Remind me, what is the Fireteam builder etiquette? (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:21 (2423 days ago) @ telemachus

When I'm organizing, I put signup date over Tentative/confirmed. If the first person to sign up is still marked as tentative, but they're online when the event is scheduled to start, they get the first invite.

When I'm participating, I'll usually mark myself tentative if it looks like I'll be able to make it to the event, but it's close enough to something else that I'm doing that there's a chance the other thing might make me late to the event and I don't want to hold up the team. As soon as I'm sure I'm going to make it to the event on time, though, I'll removed the tentative mark from my sign-up.

As the event organizer, though, it's totally up to you how you want to do it. If you want to give top priority to the players who cleared their schedule enough to confirm their sign-up earlier on, that's totally fair.

Bonus tip: If the event start time rolls around and you're not seeing some of the people you were totally sure were going to make it, send them a party invite or message, even if they're offline. I've missed an event or two because I forgot to toggle my profile back to "appear online." :p

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread