So, was everyone happy with the amount of Cayde-6 in game? (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 13:11 (2433 days ago) @ Malagate

during the lead up to D2, a lot of people were worried that there would be too much Cayde due to him being singled out in the promotional material,; D2 was looking to be too cheesy.

for those of you that were worried about Cayde fatigue, how do you think Bungie did?

I didn't think Cayde was really an issue at all. I think there was a good balance between humor and drama.

I thought he was perfect. Silly when he could be, but serious when he needed to be. Maybe a little silly, but I was still okay with that.

When was he ever serious? I don't mind the humor, but his always acting like there aren't really any stakes; yet maintaining a generalized grudge against the bad guys kind of got to me. Between him and Failsafe, Nessus felt like a comedyfest at times.

Maybe more scenes where he and Ikora interact would have balanced it out for me.

~m

It was right after he made the joke about Zavala actually asking for him on Nessus. He walks away and very seriously thanks you and tells you he owes you one. It comes and goes fast, but he is very serious when he needs to be. Hard to point out exact times :-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread