Okay. The Campaign Thing. (SP?) (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, September 21, 2017, 18:49 (2431 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I agree. This is a pretty big oversight. I'll add that I rarely, if ever, replayed story missions in D1, BUT I do think that the ability to revisit them at a very low light level in order to facilitate both exploration and to remind ourselves of the plot is important.

Doing that one would need to be a special case, though-- the game would have to ignore all your current inventory, your class setup, and block access to your vault-- including API access.

Oh, I apologise for not being clear. Low light level *for the mission* so that you can focus on exploration because your light level is dramatically higher than the enemies'.

Right now when you go back via meditations the levels are light 220+. I'd like to go back to light 50 and just roam around.

Right. What I mean is that what people want is access to those first two missions without deleting a character.

I'm just saying that faithfully re-creating that experience would require additional measures-- and that in the past, the similar introductory levels that existed in vanilla Destiny and were solo-only were never offered in this manner, so I would not necessarily expect them to be.

In fact, I'd say that the player's lack of access to weapons and abilities in two of the three opening levels of D2 is more critical than the gentle introductory curve of the first vanilla D1 mission.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread