Tokens are exactly what you wanted in D1... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 24, 2017, 15:41 (2428 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Korny, Sunday, September 24, 2017, 15:52

They are essentially delayed drops. You get them from activities, and when you get enough, you can redeem them for a legendary engram.

Correct. You can also redeem them with any of your characters, so only the one that you want to get drops can cash it in.

For example, I didn't like any of the armors for either my Warlock or Hunter, so I just kept hoarding all of the tokens at each location, so that my Titan could cash in all of them at once at each place whenever I got around to making him.

Today, I logged on as my Titan, and quasi-accidentally got him to Level 20 using my triple Heroic Event XP drop exploit. I then went to each planet, cashing in hundreds of Tokens, and this is him now after literally doing nothing but cashing in Tokens the minute that he hit level 20:

[image]

284 Light. He went from wearing all green armors to being more than Raid ready in under two hours.

Without Tokens, I would have had to put as much time into him as I did my Warlock, but instead, all I had to do was keep playing as my Warlock, and it helped my other class, without having to do anything that I didn't want to do.

Tokens can be used to BUY SPECIFIC guns from the vendors. If you don't have a particular gun from a particular vendor, and haven't had luck via drops, then you should be able to redeem tokens for a specific item.

Yeah, I'd be down for that. Make a specific item cost like 50 Tokens, and everybody wins!

The token system was not really thought through that much.

There are clear benefits to it that you clearly haven't thought through that much.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread