Rat King Fireteam (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 05, 2017, 17:03 (2428 days ago) @ Malagate

I love the concept behind the Rat King, but I've yet to see any full fireteams utilize it. Has anyone else done this? I used it briefly in PvP a few nights ago, but only one other person in my fireteam had it. The boost when in proximity to a fireteam member with it out feels pretty significant, but keeping track of each other to stay in range got a little tricky. That said, I'm looking forward to going full Rat King in crucible as soon as I've got a fireteam willing.

Anyone else tried this out yet?

~M

So the buff is a 6% attack speed and mag size buff per player nearby (6x5 other players *should* be 30% buff for a full raid, BUT...) with a full raid the attack speed becomes completely uncapped and the gun fires as quickly as you can pull the trigger.

In PvP you'd need to move as a pack of 4 (18% increased attack speed) to really benefit, but it should be noticeable. Still, everyone running as a pack is tricky in pvp, and anyone dying would result in a loss of some of your buff. It's good design IMO. Powerful but not gamebreaking and limits you to a specific style of play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread